Monday, August 6, 2007

The Price of Overdoing it

Saturday morning, I woke up with a tickle in my throat, and I know that means "Tenna, slow down, you need rest. Relax. You need sleep. Unfortunately, the world doesn't stop for me. I get sick, and I am DOWN with it in short order.

So today, I am going to the doctor with a low-grade fever and a cough that somes from a sinus infection. I've been taking Sudafed, but they are only a temporary fix. I found some Cephalexin from my LAST sinus infection, and I used up what was left of that. There has been some relief, but the cough is sounding so chesty and rheumy that I figure that I best go in, get more drugs and stay home from work for a day--maybe two...since work is what did this to me.

Stress can really do a number on you. Even though I already know that I'm not going in today, I still wake up shaking at 2:30am. My body saying "no you shouldn't take that day off, you aren't really THAT sick" But something inside me knows the difference. Until this cough abates some, I can't go back to bed, because I'll keep my hubby awake, and he DOES have to go to work in a few hours. So I will let him sleep, in blissful ignorance that his wife is plenty miserable.

I might actually get some knitting done on those hose for Ray, but I'm really hoping that I can get more rest. I think I'm going to take my temperature. If I'm hot, I'll do the Tylenol thing, and once the cough medicine takes effect, I'll head back to the bedroom, just in time for the alarm to go off.

The tarot tells me that I'm not getting enough of something. I can't say what that something might be--as the cards were quite explicit (not to mention private), but if I do that, soon my husband will be sick, too. And there is no one sicker than a sick man.

Time to get out those tissues....

No comments: