Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What it is!

Having visited the doctor today, he tells me I have allergies. Now this is not my regular doctor, and I know what happens to me if I don't get the correct drugs, but my regular doctor is on vacation.

Thank goodness I had that extra antibiotic in my medicine chest. I'm now snorting Flonase. This is not a fun thing. I get any sort of liquid up my nose and my sinuses hurt for days afterward. So far, the first dose hasn't bothered me much, but the smell is like hopps--you know, the stuff that goes into beer? No, I'm not kidding. I suppose that there are worse things to smell all day, but beer hopps ain't so bad, really! (hick!)

I've been sleeping off and on since I caught this bug. In the air conditioned room, of course. Living outside that room is tantamount to visiting the place where the devil lives...with added humidity that you can cut with a knife. No knitterly things going on in this heat, I will grant you that much. However, I did get some knitting done on Saturday at the Highland Games, and here's the result. Now don't they look like a little pair of slippers? :)




I can't believe it, but my hubby is washing clothing in this heat. I think he needs his head examined. He will need to wait until we are safely tucked away in the air conditioned room before turning on the dryer!


I tell you, two days off work (meaning the weekend) just isn't enough time off for this old gal! These last two days (Monday and Tuesday) have been a godsend! Right now, I feel more rested than I have in a long time, and I believe that I can conquer the world...

Tomorrow...we'll conquer the world tomorrow...yes, never do today what you can put off until tomorrow. (must be the flonase).

The item that I'm "not getting enough of" is more likely some sort of vitamin. Goodness knows that I could use something that will alleviate the stress, so I purchased a B Complex + C + Folic Acid. B vitamins are for stress, and C is for the cold/allergies. Folic acid is most often taken by ladies with child, I'm not so sure I'm going to be needing THAT anytime soon, but it was the only way I could get the B's I needed...packaged with the other stuff. Now, granted, I could buy a generic vitamin that has basically everything in it, but I truly hate horsepills, and vitamins with everything in them seems a little like overkill. Not everyone needs all of that stuff in their diet. Beyond this, normal "daily vitamins" tend to make me overeat, and I am not prone to eating things that are good for me under the influence of vitamins--by that I mean I pork out on potato chips (and dip), double chocolate muffins and pastry pies...and whatever else exists in the local party store in the building where I work, that looks remotely tasty. Oh, yes, they have boiled eggs, salads and sandwiches, but they also have fried chicken and pizza twice a week! LEMME AT EM!

Okay, enough of my dietary concerns. The heat is exhausting. I am ready for dinner. I forgot the catsup when getting groceries (along with my Flonase). Must have been the smell of beer in my nostrils.

No comments: