Sunday, April 13, 2008

Class on Saturday

and a canceled band practice today--YAY! I can devote my afternoon to chatting with friends on inter-relay chat!

Anyway, the class was about DOUBLE KNITTING. Definitely not for those who suffer from brain farts every so often! LOL! That would be me, by the way.

We started a hat, which is reversible, one color one side, a contrasting color on the other. The pattern is the same on both sides, and it's knit in the round...

Therefore, it's like doing ribbing. All the time. In the round. With two colors.

You have to think about the pattern, and I have to count all the time, but the end result is really spectacular.

Here's the end result...
Beautiful, isn't it? The pattern is of one of those flowers you used to see on "Laugh-In". Oops. Careful. Showing your age, again.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the knitting, but it is rather fiddly. Works best if you continental knit which I do, but ribbing isn't one of my favorite things to do, as I throw with my right hand (really need to learn to pick), and it's putting some real stress on my right wrist, which isn't cooperating very well these days due to some sort of inflammation which is helped by Naproxin (Aleve), but not entirely. It makes me wonder how old my Naproxin is. Hrmm.

So I put it down every couple of rows and do something else for a while.

Right now, I'm going to make some bread in the breadmaker. Want some?

No comments: