Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Issues

I find that sometimes, it's very hard to help people that don't really want help? Ever had that situation? I get it now and then--and since I'm exposed to many different influences, and since I'm as old as I am, and since I've always been somewhat of a "hope that helps" sort of person, I am fairly free with my advice--whether I use it or not.

But when it strikes me that someone is afraid or unhappy, as much as I, too, hate those feelings that I succumb to every so often, I tend to seriously identify with those who express similar feelings.

I figure myself to be a caring individual, even though there are limits to my caring. For instance, I do not appreciate it when I warn someone of the results of their actions, only to watch them stumble along the same path and fall down and get hurt since I once took that path and fell own and got hurt at it years ago. It sort of feels like a slap in the face. I suppose it's the human condition that we all have to die the same deaths in order to grow and learn...but it's frustrating to watch.

Do you know that I was told today that I'm chock full of negativity? I unsubscribed from that blogger's feed. I figure in this way, if I don't read about her troubles, I won't be inclined to help...a sort of "out of sight out of mind" sort of therapy for myself. It's okay, though, since I don't think that the feed was getting to me regularly anyway.

Getting ready for work today--one look in the mirror told me that I'm going to have to do something with my hair now. I got a perm, and the bottom line is "I can't do a thing with it". It's fuzzy, and while I was initially happy with the result, today is just not the day to ask me "do you like your perm?" HA! No, today I need "Hairapy". Now there's a negative thought. It's just not doing what it's supposed to do, so I'm going to have to go into the bathroom, and give it the "once over" with the curling iron and blow-dryer. It will mean I'll be a tad late for work, but I'd like my hair to start looking good for a change.

I didn't do any knitting yesterday, since my wrist still bothers me. The only time it seems to NOT bother me, is when I am off work for the weekend--I suppose I sort of "give it a rest" from work type activities. I'm still moving it, but my Monday morning, it's usually feeling better, then I go to work, and all that "good" feeling goes away. I'm frustrated with it. Soon, the doctor's going to get another visit.

Well, I suppose I'm going to go tackle this hair, then I'll get my purse, keys and coat and head out into this world and spread my negativity around so other people can be just as miserable as some folks seem to think I am. Imagine that? Me? Negative?

I wonder where the heck they got that idea?

No comments: