Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Wrist Issue

Is a tissue issue.
I finally figured out what I did to my wrist.

No, it's not a cyst.
No, it's not carpul tunnel.
No, I don't think I broke it...though I did get x-rays taken today...

No to all of those...

I played with the cat.
Yes, folks, YOU CAN SPRAIN YOUR WRIST WHILST PLAYING WITH A CAT!

Allow me elucidate (which is a big word meaning "explain"):

About a week ago, while playing with the cat, she clawed me and broke the skin in the last joint of my pinky finger on my right hand. Now, I didn't realize that this had happened until a day or so later, when it got slightly infected and started to smart, which led to turning my hand this way and that to try to LOOK at the damage (since, when it's on the far right in the joint where your finger meets your hand, you can't help but twist your hand into all sorts of crazy angles to try to get a look!)

I found a small sore that was very red, so I got a needle, and poked it, and swathed it in Peroxide and it bubbled like mad for about 3 minutes. So I doused it again to clean it out, washed with anti-bacterial soap, added some Neosporin and a bandaid, and went about my business. That night, I slept on my arm, which I normally do NOT do.

Two days later, I can't move my hand without pain, and I wonder WHY???????????

Well, I figure I sprained it trying to do all the medical know-how.

Doc said he thought it was "inflamed", and gave me Naproxin (Aleve) and x-rays (3 of them!).

Of course, not a bit of this came to mind while I was in the doctor's office...OH NO!!!! Perish the thought that I should remember something so trivial as a slightly infected cat boo-boo.

I remembered after my appointment, took an Aleve at the office, and will take another before bed, and while I'm not quite "FINE", I am BETTER. At least I can type and tell all my wonderful readers out there

HOW ABSOLUTELY FREAKING MINDLESS I CAN BE!

That said, I can now move on.

Band practice tomorrow night--though I doubt I'll be doing much in the way of flourishing tenor sticks until my wrist settles down. But I can work on the 3/4 drum set with Ray and go for the gold and get the medley for the drumming for Flint. We'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, Ray bought me a new drum pad to match the ones that Flint Scottish uses. Not that we needed any, but 'whatever makes him happy', I suppose.

Then I can relax and knit on Thursday and Friday. Saturday, I believe that I have a class at Threadbear, and then I have Sunday to myself.

It's going to be a busy week. How come I feel like I never have enough time to do anything?

No comments: