Saturday, April 25, 2009

Starting My Saturday...

At 3:30am when a thunder boomer went through and zapped the wiring--lights went out--no worries--computer is fine--I was in the process of shutting down when the lights went out, but because I'm on a laptop, it just switched over to the battery long enough to finish shutting down. Then I unplugged and all was well with the world again..

Of course, sleep simply escaped me after all that, and the poor dog was hiding beneath my chair, shivering with fright over all the loud noise outdoors. There didn't seem to be a lot of rain, but it was a heck of a light show!

Since I couldn't get back to sleep, I sat in my chair and knit for about two hours, until I was tired again, went back to bed and slept until 10.

When we decided to rise and shine, my honey took me to breakfast (he's good for that on the weekend) and then we opted to work on the yard a little--some raking and some running about in the rain showers that lasted most of the day. Fun. When he came in, he was literally dripping from humidity--and I told him to take a shower and have a lie down--to which he replied

"Why? I'm already wet!"

And so it would appear, dear...but take one anyway...WHEW!

It's rained off and on most of the day since, and the flowers are all coming out in profusion. I have hyacinths and daffodils and violets coming out. The peonies have sprouted, and the trees are beginning to turn green--that lovely limey yellow green that speaks SPRING to me. And I think "Time to get out the limon green yarn and make socks!!! Save for my desire to have the Civil War Shawl done by Memorial Day, I would do that, but I think that's nearly flash in the pan...I didn't realize that Memorial Day isn't the 30th this year, it's the 25th--so it comes earlier, and now I have to move my schedule up quite a bit to reach my goal and have time to block and so forth...I was thinking I had 40 days...sorry Charlie...only 30--so now, every waking moment is spent knit knit knit. The eyes are crossing. I have to rest after every repeat. It's taking forever.

I'll let you know when I get to the halfway point on the edging...

So we finished the lion's share of the raking--there's still a bit to do around the barn, but some things have to be moved before we can continue, and we have sticks to pick up from the high winds dropping dead branches into the yard. Nature's pruning, I suppose, but it makes a mess in the yard.

And I just finished watching Haywood Banks (below) again. I can't seem to get enough of the guy! I hope you enjoy him too.

In the meanwhile, it's time to get back working on the shawl. Rest my weary bones in my knitting chair. Pet my doggie and tell her that it's okay, it's just noise...

Poor dog.

No comments: