Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Monica

Head is finished-as far as the crocheting goes-but the eyes, ears, nose etc are not there, so I feel like I'm looking at this big, blank, loopy ball. It's sort of weird. It really is nice once you get the face put together, and usually, I like having those eyes stare back at me, but this time, TIME is quite the essence, and therefore, I'm going to crochet the whole bear first, then add the face, stuff and close. I'm 10 rows into the body at present. There will be no work on Monica this evening, because I'm teaching a knitting class.

I'm trying to decide if I want to apply for the job that my current boss is vacating, but I think I'll be happier just being a teacher. Besides which, it will take away all my teaching time, all my free time with my husband and my pets. I don't think it's a really good tradeoff. Especially when one of the other managers tells me that the position is only for 12 hours a week. I don't know. That doesn't seem right, since my boss was working 24 a week, and she couldn't get it all done. I feel bad that she's leaving. I even offered to take her to lunch, but she'll be going home for lunch, fixing for her mom, which was something I hadn't thought of--and felt pretty stupid for having not thought of it. I'll treat her to Red Lobster lunch anytime next week, just to bring her up to date on the happenings.

I'm being told that today is not a good day for me to make promises that I don't/can't keep--so I'll be entirely non-commital all day. Everyone will love that, because they all expect me to be such a do-er--a "git er done" gal. The one you go to when you have a question.

Well, off to the races.

No comments: