Monday, February 23, 2009

The Dishcloth from Hell Makes a U-Turn!

Well, I futzed and I fretted all day, trying to decide what in the world would make this last dishcloth look better. I didn't particularly like the raw edges, since I felt it didn't look "finished". So I decided that I would do an applied I-cord, but just picked up stitches along the edge and worked a knit purl and knit rows, and wove in the ends.

The result was pretty! I was satisfied, and it's now in the drawer with the rest of the pretty dishcloths. I put the scraps back in the scrap bag for when I make a monster rug, and below is the pic of the final, acceptable cloth:

5 comments:

froggybaby said...

That worked out nicely! I love the orange overlay on the varigated colors! Very pretty!

ladyb1 said...

I posted a comment yesterday about the original dishcloth but it didnt show up! Love the colours you used, and like both versions... Very pretty.

Carol said...

I had the same thoughts about the dishcloth and love your solution. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool! It has a finished appearance with the knit/purl edging!

rdwmrs said...

I totally agree w/you about the cloth not looking finished. Mine is in natural and delft blue, but I hate the edges. Thanks for the applied i-cord idea - I'm headed off to add it. Mine should be in the groups folders under "rdwmrs".
Thanks!