Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Tech of the flew...

Or something similar, has me pretty down this weekend.

Of course, it could be something I et..

Or it could be that my emotional self got the better of me yesterday.

I was simply sic. Today I feel better though, so figured I'd do some blogging.

The Flower Patch socks are coming along--I'm working on the foot of the first sock, and if there was ever a part to dislike about making socks, it's the foot--around and around and around--row after row after row. I work a row of flowers, and then have to stop. The movements of fair isle make my wrist hurt. Couple that with typing and it's a recipe for disaster. A pic when the sock is done, I promise.

Today's card is the Ace of Wands, entitled Creativity. Maybe that means that I'll get on those socks and get the one done today? Probably not. But Monthly Dishcloths has a new knit along going on, and I'm thinking seriously of going to Walmart to pick up some red Peaches and Creme to make the newest addition to my washcloth stash. I have so many now that I don't think that I can count them. The prettiest ones go into the bathroom for use in the tub since I don't get very dirty like my dishes do. The ones that fail to trip my trigger in the loveliness category end up in my dishcloth drawer. It's not that they are not ACCEPTABLE, but only that I don't appreciate them nearly as much...for instance, last year's January cloth was a football. Now I don't much care for footballs, nor does my husband, and neither of us follows any football teams beyond the local college, and even then, it's only a passing thing, and only if they're winning strongly and going to the Rose Bowl, but a dishcloth with a football on it...well, I don't know. It's a nice football. But it's in the dishcloth drawer. Someone else who loves football might put it in with the bathroom washcloths, but not me.

I've also got to go to the Kroger store.

Why didn't I do this crud when I was out yesterday? I seriously don't feel like going to the grocery store AGAIN today.

But we need milk as the current gallon is turning.

The sun is about to come up and the sky is blue. I understand the temps are supposed to reach near 40, and I can feel every degree warmer already. Even the wind is a balmy breeze instead of the wind chill of yesterday. Of course, I wasn't feeling so good yesterday, and that might have had something to do with it. Gee, ya figure?

I'm going to finish up the laundry--maybe clean out the cat litter box--but I think that's about all I'm going to attempt today--to try to get over whatever bug might be harbored inside me. Otherwise, I'm fine and looking forward to Monday.

Someone check my head! I must be sick!

No comments: