Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Gusset, gusset--who got the gusset?

I got the gusset today on my socks, that is. And I'm 8 rows into the instep. From here on out, the socks are easy peasy, and of course, since there's no pattern on the bottom of the foot--

And who wants a pattern where no one will see it?

The foot should go really quickly now--that is, of course, assuming that I don't make another bonehead mistake, and have to rip back..

Quiet now, I'm thinking positive thoughts to counteract that last statement.

Today's card is the King of Cups reversed. It's warning me to be wary of a hasty individual who has my best interest at heart but isn't very reliable. He's wishy washy. Or it could mean that I am being very distracted in my living, and failing to complete things, and that while this time is going on I'm melancholy and depressed.

For my husband, I pulled the Fool reversed. He went to the local community college to look into his prospects for going back to school to finish his degree. The Fool says that it's a "jump" that he likely won't follow through with--being that it was reversed, and is basically "head in the clouds behavior with no intention of backing it up". Poor guy, he's watching his step, literally. Seeking out other options to being unemployed, and doesn't know which way to go is best. He is probably wishing that his father was still alive so that he could bounce his ideas off the man. Sadly, pappa died in April.

So the King could also be referring to my husband, who is very much waffling about, trying to make decisions and never really lighting on that flower. I wonder whether he will find his way?

No comments: