Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sleepless in Seattle...Got Nothin' on My House!

Well, after spending several hours last night, sleepless due to my fears about my kitty, I knit on my sleeves for the swing sweater up to the underarm and put them away. Then I got out a good book and did another chapter plus a couple pages (because I forgot, I was trying to read one chapter a night so I could remember where I left off). Then I got up for a minute and simply sat in my rocking chair...

And heard the most horrible cat scream in the state going on in my back yard.

And I shivered. I fretted. I stewed. I steamed.

I'm not real good under pressure, see?

But a few moments later, I hear a light mew at the sliding glass door, and when I turned on the lights outside...

THERE SHE WAS!

So I opened the door and grabbed her and pulled her inside--closed the door, and then I picked her up and I hugged her and squeezed her and I called her "George".

Then I went to bed...because now, all was right with the world again.

And that's the good news for today.

The bad news is that I've got to do some cleaning around the house, and I would VERY much rather have some fun, since last weekend was such a bust...but you know what? I figure if I work for a couple of hours this morning on different things, that are readily apparent to hubby, maybe he will leave me alone for most of the day.

And it would appear that it's been too hot for my laptop these last couple of days--the keyboard doesn't want to type when my fingers touch the keys. As if it gets confused about which key I pressed first. So I'm having to go back and forth to type a word.

for insatnce here's a line where i didn't worry about going back and retyping....see what I mean?

I have a cat box to clean out today. Joy. My favorite job in the whole house! sigh.

I think I'd rather put my nose up my dog's butt--well, on second thought, it has been a few days since she's been to the groomers...

So I cleaned the bathroom sink--always a good place to start cleaning, and for the moment, my handknit socks are in the basin washing/soaking. From there, I figure I'll move on to the cat box--sweep the stairs, and maybe vacuum the livingroom floor. All things that hubby will notice once he drags his lazy bum out of bed. How is it that I can be up half the night, and yet still get out of bed at a reasonable hour in the morning on a weekend, while he lays in bed for many more hours? Why, I ask you?

Well, I think I'm going to shut my machine down for a while and allow it to cool down a bit. In the meanwhile, I'm going to clean out the cat box.

Joy. Hey, Mandy? Where are you...here doggie...nice doggie...

No comments: