Friday, June 12, 2009

I must say, work is devoid of any meaning--the place is a TIME SUCK. Especially when the servers for 3 of the 4 programs you use are down for the weekend, and possibly through to Monday. I got very little done today, and the day simply dragged. Boredom, thy name is Nine to Five.

Cover of Cover via Amazon


In the final analysis, however, I finally arrived home, and there is no one here. My husband is likely mowing his mother's lawn, and it's possible that I could get quite a lot of knitting done tonight. My phone has been turned off most of the afternoon, or I'd have known that Hubby was at his mother's. I can't help it. The computer's at my isp burped today, and left nearly 200 emails on the server. I have to delete each one individually from my phone. Quite a hassle.

In the meantime, Monday is my son's birthday. He wants shoes. I just hope that I have money enough to cover that. I've got to get groceries, and my cell phone bill is coming due again.

And in case you were wondering, no, it hasn't come down any since I got it and I'm really sorry that I DID get a Blackberry. I do love my

Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330Image by nino63004 via Flickr

Blackberry, and I keep all sorts of information in there--what we need from the grocery store, to the phone #'s of everyone I know, PLUS birthdays, anniversaries, when I should send out cards. I'd be pretty lost without it, but it's a costly little doo dad.

If it weren't for the fact that it holds my entire life in it's archives, I'd probably let it go.

I'm also considering letting go of Direct TV--only because I think that I'm tired of watching the same old re-runs of cable television--I originally got it, thinking that we would be watching new programming--frankly it's not. The shows that I watch most of the time are on Network television, and I can get that with a converter box. I have a coupon on the way, and when it gets here, it will be goodbye direct tv, and goodbye paying $60 a month to watch re-runs over and over and for the nth time, over. Even Hubby is tired of the reruns.

If it sounds like I'm trying to pare down some things, I am. It seems that every time I see something I'd like to have (say that motorcycle?) I can't get it because my money is already earmarked for this, that or the other thing. It's not that I'm over-extended by any means, but it sure would be nice to have that motorcycle.

So I've been taking pics, and I found a great one. It's funny, but I seem to take the best pictures when I'm driving out the front of my car. I don't get that, but there you go. Here's the one I took the other day on my way to the office.

Isn't that just beautiful?

No comments: