Monday, October 19, 2009

I Found IT!

Fleegle's Blog. This gal is a STITCH!

Well, I suppose that it MIGHT be a guy, but it doesn't read like one.

Anyway, she is going to start a new shawl, and I love the look of it, but think that I'm going to work on another pair of monster sox--after I finish my mother's Piggie Pillow.

I'm about 23 rows into it and the gauge is looking good, even though I went down a needle size--the needle I'm using is made of plastic or nylon, and it's not a 7, but not a 6 either...sort of in between, which is GOOD because I tried a 7 in Addi, and the gauge was about a half inch more than I needed stitch-wise, but spot on in rows. That was disturbing. The nylon, however, drags the acrylic yarn, and so the stitches are a leeeetle bit bigger than a 6, and so I think I'm getting really close to gauge on the stitches, but again, spot on in rows.

It might be an issue, but I think I'm not going to worry much about it. If it's ruffly, it's ruffly. It's a pillow, right?

Anyway, time to go to work. Will post pics of the pillow later.

2 comments:

fleegle said...

I am definitely not a guy. Trust me on this :)

N. Maria said...

I have a great quote by Fleegle on my blog. A really nice person and very funny.
Maria H in WA