Tuesday, March 25, 2008

New Broadband!

I am seriously tired of my isp, so I thought I would finally get broadband.

I'm on it now, and it's a little strange. I'm not sure what to think. I suppose it's not much different. But now, I have to change my email address on everything.

THAT'S a big pain. Amazon, Paypal, Ebay, Classmates and a raft of other sites have my voyager address. All that's going to change. And since I use a different email client, I'm not sure how to configure it to pick up email from yahoo.

I guess you have to sign up for a full year to get email through Eudora on Yahoo, by signing up for the plus service. This is a kink...but I finally got it to work.

Now I have to change all my lists...hoy! That's going to take a while. Boy, was I wrong. There's a button at the bottom to change everything on the list to a default. Now I just have to wait for the mail to load up on yahoo.

Unfortunately, I haven't quite figured out how to SEND mail yet. What a learning curve!

I think I'm going to have to delete the Dominant personality in Eudora to "get rid" of Voyager completely, and that's exactly what had to be done.

I updated the dominant personality to the yahoo servers, and now all works flawlessly.

Now to tell all the websites...Paypal, Ebay and Amazon! Almost done!

The good thing about changing your email address every so often is that you break the link for all those spammers out there. Change your email, and they "lose" you in the the process, and for a while, the mail will be returned to sender, and they take you off the register. You are free until you click on a link on the web that screws you. That's what happened to me the last time, and it was a real PITA. It took forever to teach my email client how to filter those messages into the junk, but filter them was possible, and eventually, I was getting pretty much standard email in my inbox--spam went directly to the junk folder, which I reviewed, undeleted those messages I wanted, and then deleted everything else.

Oh, other blogs--rss feeds...Must renew with new email address. Other than that, I think I'm prepared. Hope everyone had a nice Easter, and that the bunny brought lots of goodies to you! Mine brought salty snacks. My favorite.

No comments: