Friday, March 7, 2008

WooHoo!


the weekend is finally here!

Enough of feeling sorry for myself.

I registered at Classmates.com!

And I've been watching Fowler for YEARS waiting for the opportunity for this one particular person to join. He wasn't a boyfriend, although back then I had a crush on him that could have rivaled Scarlet O'Hara's love/hate for Rhett Butler! Oh, yeah, heart-throb city.

None of my friends understood my infatuation with him. In fact, looking back, I think he might have been in direct competition with another boy who had a crush on me--but I can't for the life of me imagine why the most popular boy in school would have wanted ME! That didn't make sense then, and it doesn't now...but I digress in my digression...

So for years, I've been watching, waiting, wondering whatever happened to him, because as stupid as I was in those awkward teenage years, I really embarrassed him, and was waiting for the opportunity to finally apologize for my stupidity...but

Good gracious me! There was his name!
So I quick and register for a gold membership, and fire off an email. I can't believe my luck.

Not only that, but I got notified today that someone had visited my profile page recently. I didn't think anything of it, and if you aren't registered, you can't see who it is that queried you--but after I registered, I looked into it.

And it was my steady boyfriend in 8th grade! Well, steady for about 4 months...(smile, remember how short your earliest loves were?)

My memories of him are all smiles and sweetness. The pressure was intense, though, and when we broke up, I cried. Of course, the hurt gets forgotten after 20-30 years or so (or so and or so), and you look back on this sort of thing fondly.

I checked up on some others from my class, wrote off about a dozen emails, and hope I get some sort of response from at least 2 or 3.

I'm wondering now, though, if any of them are registered, because if they aren't, it's likely not only will they not get my email, but I won't get their's either, since the only way you can email is to be a gold member. So we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, my husband wants to go out to our favorite place up at the corner (McDonald's) for supper. Since I already had McD's at lunch, I'm not so fond of the idea, but, I'm cold and not worried if I get fatter or not.

I took a new picture of me today to put on Classmates...there you go!

No comments: