Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday Morning!

While Barb Cooper writes about her move, I write about my own activities, and lately, it's been a storm of productivity.

Pictures, please!
This is a closeup of the 2 (count em!) sleeves, just finished last night. I am a proud momma! And...they even end on the same row!











Here's the hem for the body (not finished, but only has 4 more rows, and then I can start on the actual fair isle pattern)


And this is another sleeve picture to show you the overall effect.

I think it's spectacular, if I do say so myself (and I do!). I love it love it love it. Beyond that, the fair isle is really fun to do, and because the yarn is worsted weight, it goes so much faster than a sock!

Too bad that I'm going to a trade show today for re-enactors with my friend Ray--or I'd be home knitting, you can be sure of that. I'm on a deadline! My class is tomorrow, and there is just no way that I can get beyond the pockets on the body of the sweater today in time for the class tomorrow. Sigh. With some luck, I'll be home about 4, and can get at least a few rows into the body's fair isle patterning. I can't wait! This doesn't mean that I won't enjoy the trade show, because I always do. I'm taking my camera, so tomorrow I can show you what a re-enactor's trade show is all about! It's actually called the "Living History Show", and really, I can barely contain myself about going. They have all sorts of stuff there, and I'm going to buy a few things---some leather for the soles of my felted Uggs, a couple of pewter thistles, and some other things--I hope that everything goes well.

So I'm going to get off the internet now, so that the phone line is open. Ray is late--and that always worries me.

No comments: