Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Colder Weather Coming

Newsflash, right?

But this year, I'm finding that I am far less ready for winter to come for some reason. It might have something to do with the itching of my eyes from the fields being harvested. It could be that I'm coming down with a cold (fever, chills and a sore throat this morning), or it could just be that general "malaise" that hits me every now and then.

It's as if I want to say "Slow down. Let me OFF this bus!"

I'm thinking about staying home part of the day, but since I was out of the office for most of the day yesterday, I figure I probably should go in. They don't care if I come down with pneumonia--they only care that I don't bring it into the office and spread it to their cubicles--and let me tell you, the office I work in is one of the "sickest" in the state. The recirculated air in there. One person gets sick on the 5th floor, and the entire building is down with the flu. I expect you think that's an exaggeration, but it's not.

I rose from bed this morning when my husband's alarm went off, and let the dog out. Yesterday, there was something that was stinking up my internet corner. I believe that I eradicated the smell this morning. I think it was a bottle of catsup that fell down behind a bag that I didn't know was there.

But it could have been me.

Even so, as I sit here, I don't "ew" as much--which is a good thing. Sometimes, you smell something for just so long that you don't smell it anymore. But last night, I couldn't deal with it. It was seriously stressing me out, but I was too exhausted from all the driving yesterday that I just went to bed.

I've seriously got to get back into my garlic bagel habit, or I'm going to be sick with everything that comes around. The problem is that the little store on the first floor of my building doesn't carry them anymore, so I'm going to have to find a good recipe and make my own now.

I'm not sure where I'm going to find that, but it is pretty evident to me that I'm going to need some extra support this year, considering how I feel ATM.

Ya'll enjoy your winter. I think I'll hibernate.

No comments: