Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hubby's Stressed

"I didn't sleep at all last night, " he tells me this morning. Gad, no wonder! The plant he works at is shutting down, and he can't make up his mind whether to retire, or to quit GM and try to find other employment, or to transfer to another plant and take a lower paying job...he's basically stuck between a rock and a hard place, and really doesn't know which way to go. There's a union meeting tonight, and he's not sure what they plan to discuss, but I'm sure he'll be late getting home.

There are many other men for whom the plants are closing December THIS YEAR.

"Merry Christmas," says my hubby.

He had nightmares about tornadoes last night.

"It really peeved me, because you wouldn't go to the basement," he says--now that's love!

I figure he probably punched my lights out and carried me to the basement in his dream, but yeah, I suppose he'd beat me to a pulp to keep me safe from a tornado, if he had to do it. It made me smile.

Sheesh. Am I a lunatic or what?

So I'm glad that for now, I can still connect to the internet and write in my blog. It helps keep my sanity in some semblance of order. I don't know what I'd do without my hubby, my friends, my dog and my cats--and my blog.

No comments: