Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Piggie Socks, Revisited

I restarted the piggie socks with a knitted on cast on. I started the k2tog, and suddenly, the cast on was so tight that I couldn't get it beyond the join.

I cut the thread and pulled it off.

These socks have it "in" for me.

They simply do not wish to be knit!

So, I'm thinkin', maybe I'll just make some regular socks and stripe them, and CALL them "Piggie Socks"--when in fact they'll look like strawberry/chocolate socks? I'm likin' that ide'er, but I hate feeling defeated by a pair of socks.

Oh Gawd, did I just say that? At 4am?

----

Yesterday went pretty well at the office--no major meltdowns, and I got a TON of work done. When I got home, I gave my husband fair warning about the "paybacks" he was due, and to never EVER wake me that way again. We'll see how well that goes.

Mandy the Border Collie got on the treadmill in the afternoon to take her walk, and then got off and ran to the door instead, and got a "no, we're not going outside yet" reaction. After that, she really didn't want to get on the treadmill, but I stood firmly by and she got on the treadmill and did a 5 minute walk. She's so hyperactive that I don't want to make her walk on the treadmill more than that until her hyperactivity is quelled some by age. I'll try 6 minutes today.

I tried to stay up and watch "Monday Night RAW!" on television, but became exhausted just watching, so I flipped off the tv at about 9:30pm, and crawled in under the covers. This morning, hey! I'm at my "witty best". Go figure.

Maybe I should start those socks NOW?

No comments: