Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm Pretty Sure I'm Awake...

I don't sleep in often--but on weekends, I am more apt to do so than during the week when I have to get up and go to the office. But this weekend has been more unusual than most, in that I have slept, both days for at least 12 hour nights.

This morning, I didn't get up until 10:30am, having gone to bed and literally dropped into sleep practically immediately. When I woke up, I was groggy, my jaw hurts and my throat hurts as if one of my glands is swollen. I may have been snoring, but I can't be sure.

The dog barked once during the night, and I woke my husband out of a sound sleep to put her out. He swore up and down that she hadn't barked (he was snoring at the time) and that he'd been awake ALL NIGHT.

Um, right.

But she barked to go out again, and he got up and put her outdoors. Wonderful man I have there.

Hubby had a class yesterday, and I went in to Joann's to demo. I got tired of knitting yesterday-I mean, a sweater takes a while, and if you've been knitting straight for a time, you find you need a little diversion--hence the sweet corn bag and this little project that turned into a test of my perseverance...

Introducing...Little Mirabelle, the glow worm!


Shine little glow-worm, glimmer, glimmer.

No comments: