Saturday, August 21, 2010

Michigan Fiber Festival

This is the event for knitters, crocheters, weavers, spinners and lovers of fiber! The only thing that outdoes it is one of the Stitches events--but I'm not going to any of those anytime soon (although I'd love to--anybody want to stash me away in their suitcase?)

This year, it rained, but that didn't stop anybody--I only came away with a few things--some cute purple sheep earrings and a book.

But what a book!

Haapsulu Shawl!!!!

Yes! Yes! It's mine! All mine!

I can't wait to look through it!

On the way home, I stopped off at a bead place in Grand Rapids, then turned around and headed for the Threadbender Yarn Store. I bought 4 skeins of yarn for a scarf (Yarn Harlot'sThe Yarn HarlotImage via Wikipedia Swirl Scarf. Actually not her "pattern", just she knit it and there's the picture. I can't wait to start. I also got a newer sock book--Outside the Sox (or something like that). You will have to excuse me. I have this horrible sinus headache, and the brain is REALLY fuzzy!

It's hot and humid, and my fingers are sticking together.

I have two rows left on the neckband for the Blue Celtic Jumper and then all the pieces are done! I will probably finish tomorrow morning.

I didn't find the blocking boards at Fiber festival, so I will have to order from Knitpicks, I guess. I hate to do it--especially when my hubby could make me a sweater blocking form quite easily!

Well, it's simply too hot to blog, and my eyes are starting to droop from the Benedryl--so I better head for nap time.

I had a pretty good day except for the headache....

No comments: