Monday, July 6, 2009

Last Day of the Holiday

Well, today is the last day of the holiday (unpaid) that my employer allotted for the time period, and while it's been nice, it sure could have been longer.

I am finished with one of the fingerless gloves--very nice pattern--a tad fiddly with the double points (which I detest), but the end result was worth it. The piece is blocking on the kitchen counter. Pics to follow.

Ace of PentaclesImage by Eric Schwartz via Flickr


Today is also my 9th anniversary. I pull a card--what do I draw? The Ace of Pentacles. Entitled Abundance in my deck, it signifies a day where there is lots of something--usually money--to go around. However, a quick glance at my checkbook says

Nuh uh!

So it must be something else...

Time to play? OH BOY! But probably more like "work to be done". Today, I really need to scour out a large plastic container and prep it for holding blankets in the closet. It's a task I do not look forward to, because I have to do it outside, and the mosquitoes are big enough to carry you away! And there are lots of them, as well! Since I really hate the sound of buzzing in my ears, I have a feeling that the job is going to languish on the honey-do list for some time!

Plus, I have the other glove to do.

But everyone is feeling pretty lazy today. Hubby is in his office playing chess. I'm writing. The dog is lounging in the bay window. One cat is asleep on the table, and the other is napping atop the television set. The snakes are hiding and asleep--digesting the dinner from the other night. So everyone is pretty much taking some time off.

Well, I suppose I'll haul that container out and get it done. Maybe I'll find money in it? Or maybe coins will flow out of the garden hose? Doubtful. Seriously doubtful.

No comments: