Friday, July 3, 2009

Waking Up

Nightmare Before Christmas setImage by grebo guru via Flickr

On the first day of my 4-day holiday, my true love gave to me...a nightmare that scared to nth degree!

It's true too...I woke up at 5:30, as I usually do, but fell back asleep in moments because I was SO TIRED, Tired of playing the game, ain't it a crying shame, that I'm so tired....?

And when I was coming out of the extra catnap, I dreamed that I got up and walked to the bathroom, and that there was a man I didn't know standing in the hallway on the way to the bedroom. I ran back to the bedroom and crawled back into bed, hoping it would go away, but it came in and fell crossways over the bed.

I think it was dead. I remember screaming, but it didn't help. And then, the dream was over.

And another one started...this one about gangsters and a husband who didn't treat me right.

And then I woke up and got out of bed.

Of course, the night before, as I was falling asleep, I saw someone push a small toddler, who then slammed into the corner of a doorway, and dropped--either dead or just out like a light, I have no idea, but I knew in my heart that it was my Ex's latest wife's kid. It was a short vision, and frightening. I tend to pay attention to those.

A Rose-breasted Grosbeak (Pheucticus ludovicia...Image via Wikipedia


The groesbeaks have come back to the feeder. These are gorgeous birds, both coming and going. Even the female, while she is nearly all brown, is still a good-looking bird with a fascinating white eye strip that just grabs you. She is pretty in her own right. Flying away, they both have similar barred wings-his are black and white, her's are brown and white, both are spectacular. The young are nearly grown now, and the male was feeding one of his youngsters at the feeder the other day, teaching him where and how to find food. The baby was almost as big as a female, and twittered the entire time.

I am nearly done with the swing sweater. I tried it on yesterday, started the cowl neck yesterday, and I've got nearly 10" of cowl there. When I get to 10", I'll bind off, block and wear it. Since it's supposed to get back into the 80's this weekend, it might not be sweater weather (gee, ya think?)..but I can at least try it on, and take a pic for my blog. Sometime today, perhaps, but hubby wants me to clean out my side of the bedroom closet, which could take me a while today--you should see HIS side, though.


He got rid of a bunch of shirts (which are going to my son) and a fair number of pants that will likely never fit him again (like the ones he wore to his FIRST marriage)--those will perhaps go to Goodwill. But my side? Sigh...give me a moment to get my camera...because you won't believe it unless you see it. I really need some more closet storage--what I have isn't nearly enough! This is MY side--see the clutter? I have to clear all of that out while hubby mows lawn, because there are things in there that husband's simply shouldn't see. They will go down to my sewing/spinning/knitting studio to be sorted through later. A lot of the clutter here is blankets--stuff we use in the winter, and sometimes in the cooler days of spring and fall--even sometimes when the air conditioner works a little TOO well, just to keep the chill off. I need more closet space--either get rid of some of the clothing that doesn't fit me anymore, or put it away in a vacuum bag until it does.

Speaking of which, I am still losing weight. I am down to a svelte 197 from 234, and I feel much better! I'm not yet fitting into my skinny clothes--I have 60 pounds to go yet. I haven't quit on my eating patterns, and once in a goodly while I will eat a little something dangerous at McDonald's.

Well, I have several things I want to accomplish, so I am going to sign off for now. I hope your day is a blessed one.

No comments: