Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Windows!

Well, I don't especially have a great fondness for Windows--either for cleaning, or for software, but they work great on a car...

Until it cracks and you can no longer view the oncoming traffic--at that point, it's time for a replacement. Which is exactly what I did.

Here's the technician taking out the window--he has specialized tools to help him remove the tar from the underside of the window that glues the window to the car. It took quite a lot of force for this young man to gain progress on the removal.

Photos

From there the window lifted right off!

Photos

Resetting the window was a breeze, with a similar pic, but first he had to put on a new sealer. He accomplished this with a caulk gun and a tube of window sealant. He laid a bead of this material in a sort of triangular fashion so thean it stood right up like icing on a cake. I thought he did a very clean and professional job, and I had hoped to get a closer pic, but this was all I could get--

Photos

Then he replaced the broken glass with a brand new windshield! I can see out this one!

Photos

Yay!

No comments: