Wednesday, July 29, 2009

This n That

Going home now and walking to my car. I miss my computer. It is a very good thing that I can compose stuff offline--upload a picture to Flickr and then paste the url in here. It's more tedious--but the last step is a simple copy/paste operation that works like a charm. So my blogging days are not over!

Also, I think that I can actually plug the Blackberry in to my husband's machine and use the broadband, but I worry that it will eat up my minutes? I will have to call Verizon to find out!

Meanwhile, even though I got no knitting done today, I will likely do some tonight as I have two or three projects going--a lace scarf, a lace shawl, and a pair of socks--none of which is at picture ready...even though I do have some pics of progress on the lace--it's only just the beginning, so not to worry. Pics are forthcoming--perhaps by the weekend because it is going to be a busy one!

So when I got home, I found that hubby had left for his mother's to work on the internet--so I am on my own thjis evening. I finally got to watch the rest of Australia--a movie from the dvd store, and sat down and knitted on my scarf--I believe its time for a pic of the first half, as I will have this done by the weekend!

Scarf

I'm off to work now--more later, as I dreamed last night about my father in law!

I don't usually dream about my father-in-law. In fact, he has only visited me twice before. Once just after he died to say goodbyei--although he really didn't say it--and once to tell me that Jeff wasn't going to leave me--at a particularly worriesome time, and this time, which was all so very strange because I was living in a trailer, and he lived in a house. This was even stranger because we were talking as if we were almost boyfriend/girlfriend--or at least close--and I wanted to live with him at his house--to which he said it wouldn't work. Add to this confusion the fact thathis grandson looks EXACTLY like him, though he will never admit to that--well you've got a possible dream that could someday come to pass--of course I'd have to live to be at least 120 to see Jeff's son look like his father!

Aren't dreams funny? And aren't dreams strange?

Did you realize that it is nearly August?

And check out Wendy Knit's new shawl! Boy, would I like to knit that! But there are too many shawls in the world to be able to knit them all--and me, suddenly on this lace kick--who knew I would like it so much?

No comments: