Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally, the Weekend

No one knows better than I do, how much I look forward to weekends. It's my favorite time of the week. No deadlines. No pressure. I can knit all weekend--if I don't care about clean clothes, I can be good to go. I don't usually sleep in like most people do, but the mornings, I can whip into a whirlwind and get a bazillion things done. Then knit in the later part of the day, and hubby says:

"So what are you going to do today?"

And I say:

"Nothing"

And to myself I say:

"Else."

Of course he thinks that I've been knitting all morning, and thinks I'm being lazy--yet, he's the one who usually sleeps in until 2pm--accomplishes zip and then doesn't want to do anything else for the rest of the day because he's so "tired".

I should get up in the morning and work on the bedrooms downstairs, but the beginning is such a mule-job. It would go much faster if the hubby would help. He might. I'm not about to count him out yet.

I have quite a bit done on the piggie pillow top--picture in the morning when I can get some good lighting. I have to lay it out on the table to settle it in properly, because it tends to pucker a bit--but for the most part, it's laying down well.

After that, I have a scarf to knit, and I might just take that (or more socks) along with me to the hospital when I take my mother in. She's having outpatient surgery on Monday. I'm not concerned. I expect she'll be just fine.

And to top it all off, I got a nice email from my ex-husband, who still thinks of me during the holidays, and kindly sends me good wishes from his end of the world...the trouble is he's still on THIS world. He can get off anytime.

You may understand the last paragraph as partly tongue-in-cheek, partly fantasy and wishful thinking.

You decide!

In the meanwhile, I have a Knitting 101 class to teach at the local JoAnn's Fabrics at the Frandor Mall--teaching cast on, knit, purl and bind off techniques. Just enough to get somebody interested in going a little farther--I have two students this time, maybe more, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: