Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Hat for My Son

Well, I finally made some decisions, and here's the final bit.
A Double Knit Hat with No Turned up Edge...similar to my flower power hat, but with this chart---

IMG00180.jpg

Here's how much I had done last night, but I'm a lot further now.

IMG00182.jpg

And there you have it.

I think I might upload this to Ravelry. The chart might be a sticking point, because I editted someone else's chart to fit my project, but essentially, it's the same chart...just "different".

So there you go. I'll try to get another pic up tomorrow when I have something more to show, and the way the hat is going, I could have the entire pattern area done before I go to bed tonight--if that's the case, I might just do the pic tonight! Won't that be a thrill?

Okay, enough about that.

I went in today to teach a class, but my student didn't show up. That really discouraged me--it's not that I don't get paid or anything like that, but I was really looking forward to bringing another fiber person "into the fold" as it were--teaching her the myriad ways to get "caught up" in the addiction. Sadly, the student didn't show, and the teacher drove home.

To find that hubby wants to work some more on the bedroom downstairs. I haven't begun to think about it today, and he is raring to go! I suppose I should be thankful for it, but I'm not. We worked our buns off yesterday, and ended up sniping at each other over the slightest things. Makes it feel like it's more work than it's worth when that happens, and I determine that it's time to stop and take a break.

The thing is, coming home, I had other plans. This is not going to go well. I can just tell.

No comments: