Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I GOT THE JOB!!!

YAY! I got the job.

Now to be fair, I'm going to start out small, and teach Knitting 101 for a while, get my feets wet (don't worry, I'll take off my socks), and maybe spread around a little cheer. In the meanwhile, I might make some new friends and make a little extra "lettuce" for the Christmas season.

My first night is Thursday (ALREADY?). I'll have just one student, but that will make things cozy and friendly. One on one teaching always works best for the student. But again, I'm getting my feet wet.

So I have all these cool ideas and things to test! Much reading to do--although I know the subject matter very well, there's always that odd question that you can't seem to answer...I will do my very best to be prepared so that I get a good review, and called back again very soon.

In the meantime, I have swatches to make. Just some things to "spark" the imagination. I'm very excited about all this. Can you tell?

So I haven't gotten much done on my socks today. Most of my lunch hour was spent in interviewing and driving. I did manage to stop in to McDonald's and grab a bite before heading back.

Oh, and the interviewer said she took a look at my blog and really liked what she saw. Okay, to be completely honest she said she found it "interesting".

Did I put a tarot reference on yesterday's post?? This mornings? Yes, I do believe that I did. Well, as you can see, the 10 of cups "Reward" was right.

So I pull another, inquiring about how things will go tomorrow at class...

Well, this is interesting. I pull The Queen of Wands, reversed. Titled "Illumination" it seems to suggest that I will need to work very hard and prepare diligently because things may not go according to Hoyle--that I might have difficulty explaining terms or being understood, or that I'm not as connected to my art as I believe, and I'm just not going to be able to present the subject matter in an "enlightening"way.

Time will tell. In the meanwhile, I have to read a BUNCH! Then eat, then knit. It's going to be a very long night.

No comments: