Friday, November 20, 2009

Piggie Pillow Begun Anew...

I have re-started the piggie pillow. Is it just me or am I a sucker for punishment? I'm already having difficulty getting this thing to lie down and behave, and I knit to gauge (or darn close to it) without knitting a swatch most times, so this gives me pause to simply shake my head.

I have already had to decrease an extra row, and still have to decrease.

So it's taking some time, laying flat and stretching it as I go. Perhaps I'll have to switch to a pink wool--

Where in the world am I going to find a pink wool?

---

I got a good night's sleep last night, and feeling all perky and such. I can't wait to get to the office and get today over with--tonight is Silver Bells in the City, a festive evening with songs sung around the newly lit Governor's Holiday Tree (ahem! It's a Christmas Tree--don't start with me! I just woke up and I'm grumpy!), a parade/light show and fireworks (for Christmas?) over the Lugnut's Oldsmobile Ball Park.

It's a scene from Horton Hears a Who! And all the little Whoville Who's are singing around their Christmas tree and it makes the grinch's heart grow.

Oh, who am I kidding?

Anyway, it's a festive time of season, and heralds in the holidays (like we needed notification of some sort to remember) with a veritable BANG. Frankly, this year, I could skip the holiday part--not because I'm a grinch or something like that, but because I simply would prefer to stay home and have people come VISIT ME instead of me running about like a headless chicken on my vacation, trying to get everyone in--in equal parts so no one feels left out--and let's face it..gas don't grow on trees anymore.

And with the Saudi King having to pay for that $200 million dollar Air Bus that he wrecked into the retaining wall--well, let's just say that the retaining wall works...gas is expected to go up more this coming week so that he can pay for his staff that made the Wacko's in the News on our local radio station!

Sheesh.

I've no idea why my typing/writing has such an attitude this morning. Maybe I need a few more hours of sleep? It's hard to tell. I just know that I'm champing at the bit, mostly because tomorrow is Saturday, and the plan is to GET SOMETHING ACCOMPLISHED. And by that I mean, cleaning out my sewing/craft room, even though I now know that hubby's son isn't moving in until January. The coldest darn month of the year, and we're going to have a door open. Can't believe it. Again with the attitude...huh.

Maybe just a couple more minutes..

No comments: