Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Dark and Damp

Hubby and I have been sorting through junk in the basement. Now, all of my craft and related stuff is in the room--safely stored away. The rest is his old computer junk--stuff from the 70's and 80's that won't even run on today's computers.

Yet he wants to keep all of it and go through it to see if it will work or not, and if it doesn't, it goes in the trash.

I say we just junk it and go back to bed.

The end of it all was when he lost his temper at me over one certain item dealing with the waterbed, which he is loathe to be rid of--however, this morning, he was saying we'd junk it. Now he wants to save it for a friend of his son's. But I wasn't about to stand for him losing his mind over it, so I came upstairs.

Knitting has been rather uneventful, as I am working on the slipper, preparing the pattern and so forth--which is slow going. I'm hoping to make the pattern easier than it is, so that it knits up rather mindlessly. Right now, it's a bit tedious and arduous, the increases are in the wrong place. I began with a few too many stitches...things like that.

I'm actually nearly done with it. I just don't feel like knitting right now--possibly because I'm angry at hubby for his stupid temper. I did, however, find my webcam--it's an old one, a usb--and I'm hoping that I can use it to conference with friends overseas. That might be fun.

But right now, I am bored silly, and if I didn't have an item on Ebay to bid on in 20 minutes, I might lie down and take a nap...but I can do that after I finish the bidding. There are no bids yet on this item, and I might be able to walk away with it cheap. I'm still hoping.

Well, enough wasting time. I'm not sure how we're going to deal with all the stuff we intend to throw out, but we will have to deal with it soon. My step-son will be here in a few days, and all the crap has to be dealt with in one way or another.

I do not look forward to it.

No comments: