Sunday, December 20, 2009

More Snow!?

Well, I suppose by now, you know it's Christmastime--there's snow on the ground and more coming. The weatherman says that a big system is headed our way, but he doesn't know if it's going to be rain or snow, and while I'd rather have snow for Christmas, I'd rather it be a small dusting, rather than a cloud DUMP.

Being that I have to drive in it, and all the county workers will want those days off--and if there's a big storm and they have to work--well, consider it triple time?

And with the State is such dire need right now, I don't think the government can afford it.

But we sure can afford to pay the legislators for their holiday, can't we?

Nevermind. It's more of a rant that I have to take unpaid days off again, and I'm still trying to recover from last summer when they took my money from me and gave it away to some other thing to make the numbers agree. I think they can find a different way.

At any rate, I've been working on several projects. Last night, I finished off a Red-Heart Super Saver skein of yarn on a "wave style" ripple afghan. I figure I need at least 9 more skeins to finish the afghan.

Then I worked on some of Paton's free patterns for snowflakes. I made one. I like it. I might make another one today.

IMG00204.jpg

Then I worked on a pair of socks for the class at JoAnn's. They're using four dpns--which makes it pretty hard to teach--because you have to finagle a porcupine in your hands. I don't like using dpns. MUCH prefer Magic Loop. I find it much easier and easier on my palms as well; however, the store prefers I teach the dpn way. I think it's nuts. Everyone should be able to do it whichever way they want to do it. Sadly, JoAnn's only dpns are in bamboo, which will grab the sock yarn and make it more difficult to move the yarn around on the needles.

So I'm thinking about using some red and white Red Heart yarn and make a stocking. Sort of "seasonal", don't you think? But consider--it will show the student how to make a sock, without having to make a second one just like it! I think it's a great idea....

So I guess I better get dressed for the day and go buy two skeins of yarn at Wally World and get started because the class starts today!

Beyond that, there is not much going on. What's that you say? I know, I know. I FEEL over-extended. Now you know why.

No comments: