Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Progress...

Well, yesterday, Hubby and I worked on the house. We got the kitchen clean and the dining room table cleared off, and about half of the Christmas gifts wrapped, before sleep finally overtook me, and I had to have a nap.

I must have worked too hard, because the nap was 3 hours long.

Then I got up and we finished the Christmas wrapping, then I drove to the pizza place and bought pizza to eat.

On a Tuesday??

Well, I suppose the nap did a Rip Van Winkle on me, but the pizza just sounded so good!

I did a little bit of knitting yesterday too. Mostly stuff I want to complete for the classes coming up next week--Sox--and then a swatch for the lace knitting class, which should work out just fine. Next up to work on is the crochet lace class swatch. From there, I'll need to drive into town to get some red wool for felting flowers, and some baby yarn to make a baby sweater. Then I think I'm ready to go on from there.

In the meantime, I found out that one person has favorited my Christmas Stocking on Ravelry, but no one has purchased the pattern. This is sorta weird. I thought it would go like hotcakes! Being that it's the season and all that, and since it only takes a day or so to knit. So it really surprises me. Since tomorrow is Christmas (isn't it? Or am I a day off?), it really surprises me.

I think my doggie has H1N1. She's not been feeling well, and right now is snoring on the bed. She was all curled up in a ball, and so cute. I just had to pet her, which of course, woke her. Now she's staring at my back.

And my feet are cold. I better get them into socks and shoes. Hubby (also snoring) will get up soon and want me to go to work--on the house, of course, which darn it,

What kind of vacation *IS* this anyway?

But the house is coming together--albeit slowly. I have to go to the second hand furniture store to see if I can find an end table to use as the table underneath our new television. One that will act as a storage unit for our vcr tapes, the vcr, the Nintendo game, and all the other crap that goes with the television. I think it's a darn good thing I didn't get hubby a Wii. He still loves Dr. Mario.

:)

No comments: