Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Morning Already!

This morning, as I was leaving the house, a vehicle sat, just the other side of the main road from my house. This wouldn't necessarily unnerve me, except that this vehicle sat there for quite a long while, with no cross traffic, and then allowed me to turn first and pulled in behind me, and...

Well, it unnerved me enough to turn off onto a different road than I normally do. The vehicle continued on--but I find it increasingly disconcerting that the older I get, the more paranoid I become. I suppose it's an after-effect of living with an abusive man (my ex-husband), but what can I say?

And while I'm on the topic, let me just say, that being abusive doesn't necessarily mean beating somebody up--it can be as innocuous as CHEATING on your spouse. In many cases, it's a way to abuse your spouse, especially if you know that it would be HURTFUL if your spouse "found out". Make no mistake about it. Even if you think that you're not harming anyone--even if your spouse professes that it doesn't bother him/her--DON'T BELIEVE IT. Most people will deny being hurt out of pride for their own selves, and bury the hurt deep within, causing even more damage, because what's hidden within, comes out in myriad ways that are most often unexpected.

Love your spouse today. Give them a big hug and kiss.

No comments: