Saturday, December 5, 2009

Princess Shawl

I miscounted.

I have now 43 points of the 85 that I need, which puts me 1/2 point beyond the halfway point (no pun intended). Considering that I purchased the shawl 5 years ago in 2004, and if I keep at it like I have, I won't have it done until I'm dead and gone...however, the border will be done in 2013.

Seriously.

Do you really think that my attention can hold this heirloom piece for another 4 years, let alone the rest of my lifetime? I think it's time to work on this one in earnest and get it into the finished object pile.

In the meanwhile, I am still going through books and magazines for my craft room. I found my little hot glue gun, and put it away with the bigger hot glue gun of my hubby's from when he was making floral arrangements. Sigh. I even moved 2 "holy crap! They weigh a TON!" antique sewing machines. I still have the old treadle machine, too. Very happy to finally see that back in the corner, and yes, I can see the corner. The end to this project is in sight, and I sure will be happy when I'm done, but I will tell you this. I have many hours of sorting to do before it's done. I think I have somewhere near 10,000 magazines of every genre--knitting, crochet, quilting and more. It's as if I own a magazine shop specifically devoted to crafting. How in the world do I have time to craft all this stuff? What was I thinking?

Although, I have to admit, that there is a lot of learning in those books and magazines. A TON!

And there are quilting patterns up the ying--well, nevermind. A whole entire box devoted to applique patterns-everything from soup to nuts.

I'm going to have to sell some of it on ebay, I think, but it will take me YEARS to organize it enough to where I can actually put that sort of project together.

Guess I'll take a break and work on the Princess Shawl. Everything left is either too heavy or too bulky for me to lift and go through, so I'll wait until later when hubby is up to it.

No comments: