Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I've Been So Quiet!

It's not because I'm ignoring you. I really have been busy. The boss at JoAnn's has been keeping me in stitches! A new knitting/crochet season is coming, and I have to prep for that--making swatches for the project board and getting things together for that, plus classes for the last of December--whew!

Presently working on TWO pair of socks. Just standard knit abouts--a pair in grey and a pair in self-striping--one in bamboo/wool and the other in wool/nylon--both in Paton's Kroy. The grey pair has a totally different gauge than the self-striping, and I love the feel of the bamboo. I have a hint that I'll be making more of these, but in different colors.

And it's great because all yarn is on sale at JoAnn's, and I got a big gift certificate to shop there for Christmas from Secret Santa. It was a nice surprise, and I've already spent $2 of it for one of my projects for a crochet class.

It's been snowing pretty steadily, but not much accumulation--it seems to all blow away the second we get it. Right now, there's a couple inches on the ground, which only serves to make things messy on the main roads and freeways, while the back roads get slick. It's a good thing that we only have a little way to go to get to the main road!

Sadly, I must go. Can't stay this morning. I have a class to finish up the socks from last week, teaching how to turn a heel and kitchner a toe, and then I can come home and rest for a while. I think that my next class isn't until January 18, unless someone signs up for something in the next couple days. In the meanwhile, I hope the end of your year is filled with warm, hand-knit socks!

No comments: