Monday, December 14, 2009

Would you like Crackers with your Whine?

Aw, but I'm too tired to go to work!

I am tired, too.

I dropped into bed at 8:30pm last night, which surprised hubby. I don't think he realized that I was that tired. I woke up when he came to bed, and asked him, more than reminded him--had he turned on the corn stove, because I wanted to shower in the morning, which is something I do every Monday morning, for the last 10 years, whether I needed it or not.

And his reply?

No.

Hot damn! I was FURIOUS! It meant that I had to get up, clean the stove, restock the firepit and get it burning well.

An hour later, and it was finally going well.

Of course, by that time I'm wide awake after a 2 hour nap, and can't get back to sleep. So I lay in bed scratching my head, wondering why this man is so thoughtless? And of course, when he woke me up that way, I called him a few choice names. When I returned to bed, he tried to justify himself (even though he knows that it was a supreme faux pas on his part).

And then, at 4am, the dog started barking to be let out, and I ignored her.

Completely.

And he did something quite uncharacteristic.

He got up and let her out. Then he fed her.

Who stole my thoughtless husband during the night?

So now, I don't have to get him back when he starts school--make him be wakeful all night long trying to get back to sleep, when he's got class the next morning early. The downside to all this is that I'm exhausted this morning, and worried about the drive because it's supposed to be icy out there this morning from last night's freezing drizzle.

Certainly not looking forward to that on a day when I got enough sleep the night before, let along being sleepy at the wheel.

I thought about calling in, but then the alarm went off and the dog went nuts, and I simply knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep for "just a little bit more". So I got up and got my shower (warm house thank god), and I am heading out in a few minutes.

Hubby?

Oh, he's snoring. Like usual. He's retired, so he doesn't have anything to get him up in the morning anymore.

But I don't wanna! I wanna sleep some more!

No comments: