Monday, December 21, 2009

A Sock Class

Just an indication of what a person can do with a little ingenuity.

I had a sock class yesterday, and the manager signed my student up for a class on two consecutive days, which isn't a BIG problem, unless you're supposed to have the sock actually KNIT in two consecutive days, which is nearly impossible for an experienced sock knitter, let alone a beginner.

So I recommended that she switch to next week, to give her time to knit the first half of the sock (ie, to the heel flap), then I would show her how to knit the heel turn and the toes (and when to knit the toes) and to kitchner the opening shut.

It sounded like a plan to both of us, so I left a note for the store manager on her desk. I hope that she finds it okay.

This frees up my schedule so that I can go to my doctor appointment (which I had forgotten I had, just like I forgot my Woolgatherer's Dinner and my supper with my step daughter and her family--I was simply batting without a bat apparently), and also for my Da Bull Spinners Group Christmas Salad Luncheon, which I'm fixing a loaf of homemade bread. You see, I'm not so fond of salads, and figure it's the only thing I might actually eat.

Anyway, then at 4:30pm, I have another Crochet Ripple class to work on my ripple afghan. I haven't shown it to you yet, because I haven't got much done on it (only almost 7 rows) and it's looking good!

But back to the ingenuity.

I decided to make a sock for the sock class. I got about 1/2 done with the leg in 2 days which is why I offered to my student to take the 2nd installment a week later. And then I started a different kind of sock.

Maybe you can tell what it is by the beginning?


Well, I guess that let's the cat out of the bag, doesn't it?

Pattern is for sale in the right margin. Have fun knitting this one--it only took me a couple of days. Make sure you get 9" long dpns if you use dpns. Otherwise, the stocking works for Magic Loop Users just fine, and will probably go even quicker.

No comments: