Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Watch Out World!

I have taken on the task of unleashing new knitters into the world--and they are coming in droves and leaving with new skills! Off to buy yarn and patterns and magazines and books! Watch out world! Here they come!

Last night was a cable class--remember the cable hat in the right hand column--well one student showed, the other--not sure--just a no show. So maybe forgot--or maybe it was a "special" instance last night, but we had SUCH FUN!

She caught on to the material for the class quickly, and I was able to let her "go at her own speed" for comfort sake. But her questions were informed and direct, and I was able to satisfy her needs for information. She's heading for Florida, with another set of skills and the ability to go quite far with her knitting.

I'm excited, not just by her advances, but by all my students advances. One baby step at a time and practice, practice, practice. Soon your knitting will come together in sweaters and cardis! I wish you all good luck with it--and, if you still have trouble...you are welcome to inquire here, or at my email!

In the meanwhile, my Knifty Knitter Loom Hat class happened, and I did learn how to use that Knifty Knitter. I finished my hat (I have to do some surgery.), and put on a tassle and some i-cord for the earflaps, but other than that, I'm done. As I was working on it, though, Hubby stopped by, looked at it, and said

"I might be interested in trying that!"

Now, he's never put forth any interest in anything knitting, mostly because he believes he wouldn't be able to maneuver the needles with his hands--which I think is nuts. I think he would love the mechanics of it, but I'm what? I'm JUST a woman. There you go.

So this expression of interest was novel and fun. I told him that sure! I'd teach him how to use it, both for in the round and flat knitting. That made his eyes sparkle. I think I might have another "closet knitter" in my husband. Time will tell.

Our area has a winter storm watch posted, beginning today at 3pm, and ending on Thursday. Obviously, if it snows, sleets and rains all that time, it's going to be a mess. I surely hope we don't lose electricity, although if it sleets and the wires fall, that is sure to happen. I'm not certain how we'll cope without our corn stove. We might have to move in with hubby's mother until the electric comes back on. See, this was my concern this summer when I tried to get hubby interested in building a windmill, just to run the corn stove. However, nothing in this house runs without electricity--except the dog--and even then, I'm not so sure, since she's something of an energizer bunny.

Well, it's a slow news day on the blog, I guess.

I didn't get much done on the Sharon Miller Princess Shawl at all yesterday in favor of other tasks--and it was a short work day for the office, but a long day, nonetheless, since I didn't get back home until 9:30pm. Long day on the road. I'm also "unventing" the slipper pattern I showed you a few days ago. Once I get a workable pattern, I will post it here for sale and on ravelry. I think it's a cute slipper. I don't think the making will be a problem. And of course, the Knifty Knitter Loom Hat.

But now, it's time to go to the office. CYA!

No comments: