Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Good News/Bad News Day

First the bad news...
Hubby wouldn't let me keep Kizmet. I was really hoping to keep her, but it's true, we already have two cats and a dog, and the dog is really busy. But Kizzie really wormed her way into my heart the way that all babies do--so letting her go has been really hard on me.

The good news is that she has only moved downstairs with my step son. So I can see her and babysit--so all is not lost...that is...

Bad news...if he ever finds her. He's apparently not accustomed to having a baby animal that isn't quite yet used to humans--and he let her out of the carrier last night, and of course, she bolted and hid--likely in a place where she feels safe, but isn't really so safe. The whole affair has had me crying and fearful and worried all night, because no one came or called to let me know that she'd been found and is being snuggled all night in bed.

I hope he found her. I'll kill him if he doesn't!

So, I'm angry with my husband. I think I slept on the last 5 inches of our bed last night, trying to stay as far away from him as I could. I can't understand how someone I have known for so long, who I'm married to, who I live with, who has been with me for 10 years now, could be so ignorant of my feelings, and so cold-hearted and mean! I mean, granted, we probably shouldn't have another animal in the house, BUT SHE IS JUST A BABY! Babies need mothers. Babies need allies. Babies need friends. She was just starting to accept me as a member of her family, only to be uprooted and traumatized all over again.

Well, I just lost it. I cried all evening, and woke up with a sinus headache. Here it is just a few days before our 10th anniversary, and I'm foolishly thinking about a divorce lawyer. Who'd a thunk it? Naturally, I realize that I'm more upset about my step son losing track of Kizzie, and that isn't really grounds for divorce, I suppose. Step son should have been more astute about the needs of the kitten! But hubby could have allowed me to train the kitten for just a few more days so that she would accept people and not be so skittish around them.

How can a man not "get" that?

No comments: