Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hot, with a Chance of Puppies

Okay, maybe not puppies, but the hot is right in there. Hot and muggy. We had the air on all last night, and I still feel no relief.

I dreamed about my sister last night. Her birthday was Saturday-ironically, her birthday is the same as my husband's. Since I don't normally dream about her, I decided that I'd pull some cards.

I pulled these:

4 of Wands Reversed
Greenman
3 of Wands

I read thus:

Bored with your current way of living, you decide to make a big change and strike out on a new adventure hoping to find the stability you desire.

I wonder if she's considering moving?

Don't ask me why that comes to mind. It's just that, when she was married (the first time) he owned the house, and when they divorced, she moved in with her dad. Her dad left her the house on a life-lease, and I don't believe that she owns the house, but she lives there. Property taxes are handled by the leased land that is now her's to divvy out. Her father did that so that her husband couldn't take it away. Pretty smart, but it leaves her with no real assets to sell to move into a new house.

Now she's married again. At least, the last I knew, she was married again. I mean anything is possible, since I haven't seen her for years. Why haven't I seen my sister for years? Well, let's just say that she made a choice between me and my ex husband. I tried for years to keep things going with her, but I could tell that things were "off". Come to find out, she'd been taking care of his step-kids, cleaning his house, going to Draper family parties, and all that. I understand that he's trying to find her again. It's possible, though not really probable, that he doesn't know where her father's home is. Having hurt his back, it may be that he's considering back surgery and wants to use her again.

Or perhaps he's found her, and she's considering his offer. I can't know. It would be a mistake on her part, since he wouldn't pay her. A live in nurse only benefits HIM. So I hope that she's not on that track.

In either case, I'm concerned about her. She could stay in her father's house, house payment free, for the rest of her life, and live the life of Riley, not having any real BIG bills to pay every month. In my situation, that sort of arrangement would be REALLY beneficial.

So back to the hot and humid. I have to go in to work today. So not looking forward to THAT. It's bad enough that I have to swim through the air to get anyplace, when I get there, I have to use this fried brain that hasn't slept well in 4 days!

I'm going to buy a little pool.

No comments: