Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's Been a WEEK Today!

Driving home from work yesterday, my cell phone rang with the unmistakable ring that I chose for my husband--the ringer that Tony Soprano of the series "The Soprano's" had. I was stuck in traffic and construction, and the car was moving slower than I could walk, so I answered the phone.

"Hi what's up?"

"Where are you? You are supposed to be home!"

"I'm stuck in traffic."

This was true at the moment, but I had actually been to the yarn store finding the yarn for Rhiannon (pics later).

"Go to McDonald's and get me my usual. I'll buy. "

"Ok."

And he hung up.

I guess he was hungry.

So I pull into the McDonald's parking lot and see this little kitten flash and dash across the lot-with two men following. One of them had a box, presumably to put the kitten into.

Well, kitteh (as I will call her for now) climbed up in the underside of this one guy's wheel well and the three of us spent the next 20 minutes trying to extract her. The poor thing was terrified and traumatized and hissing and scrathing, she finally came loose from the truck.

I took her in my arms and took her home. Knowing full and well what hubby would say.

When I got home, I told him the story and how if he hadn't sent me to McDonald's I'd never have known or seen, and so therefore it was Kismet that she should be our kitten.

Which to me is a really good name for her-Kismet.

She got a little warm milk and some food in her tiny belly and promptly swelled up like a little balloon--ah you need a worming. A trip to the vet is in order.

She spent the night sitting in the bay window staring outside. She is unsocialized and likely somewhat feral--although I think she realizes that I'm a caring person. She got me with a claw, broke the skin and drew blood. Definitely an outdoor cat up till now.

Hubby told me that she had climbed behind the fridge this morning, but I had no time to retrieve her. Hopefully, she will get herself out. Normally cats won't go into a space they can't get their head through, but who knows with this one?

And you don't know. Hubby might try to get her out before he heads to class. He's like that sometimes.

So we will need to kitteh-proof the house again. A trip to the vet-$200, a new flea collar-$10, seeing hubby pick up and pet a kitteh he doesn't want to keep, while he purrs at her? Priceless.

1 comment:

Maggie Gean said...

So, what does that man plan to name that cat???? And will he rescue your knitting from his new friend??? Yes, it's his doing and now it's his kitten, because he's the 1 who sent you there...