Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday...

Did I say the sun would come out?

It's foggy and cloudy! It's well after sunrise-according to the Weather Channel, it happened 15 minutes ago!

At least it's a little cooler the last few days, and we haven't had the air conditioning on, preferring the fan, which is quite a bit quieter. Hubby is telling me that he's thinking "central air" when he finally decides to finish the basement. I told him we should do it in the winter when the prices are lowest, and put the ductwork in the attic. It would work much more efficiently to have the cold air begin at the ceiling. He agreed.

I'm not the dullest crayon in the box after all!

I'm about half done with Ice Queen. I'm getting all kinds of nice comments about it. This thing is lighter than air, being laceweight mohair, and OMG, I wish I could get my hands on more colors of this stuff.

Not that I can wear it, you understand. Anything mohair on my body and I itch and scratch--not that I'm allergic, thank goodness, but because the little hairs and their little wiry grabbers get next to my skin and irritate me. Wool does not do this, thankfully. So now, I check my labels for mohair content. I have only one mohair sweater, and I can only wear it on the coldest days. You see, mohair isn't so "fluffy" inside the freezer. Funny. That really put a visual in my head.

And when people tell me they are allergic to wool, I tell them to check their label for mohair--many so-called "wool" sweaters actually have mohair in them. For those who clip out the label, let me tell you, mohair is NOT angora. I have no problems with angora (which is bunny hair). Mohair comes from goats, and these are not really "soft haired" animals IMHO. Sure enough, most of the time, people who tell me that they own an angora sweater that just drives them nuts will ultimately check the label to find out "huh! It's not angora, it's MOHAIR!"

Well, there goes hubby's alarm clock. I've got to get on the road. Bye!

No comments: