Thursday, June 3, 2010

What Can I Say?

The day did not begin with sunshine.
In fact, the sun didn't come out until well into the afternoon.

And by the time I left work, I was exhausted from spinning my wheels all day.

When I got home, well yes, there was a loving husband-every inch demanding--"feed me", "help me study". I got bored with that pretty quickly.

We finally watched about 3 episodes of "Heroes" before he zonked out somewhere mid-4th-episode sitting in his chair.

Did I paint that picture pretty well?

However, I did find something out tonight, having chatted with a friend on Facebook. Apparently, there is a function coming up on June 19th in Galesburg. Yes, that's right. The town my ex lives in.

Now, normally, I would jump at the chance to pound another nail into that man's coffin, because I know he shakes in his boots every time he knows that I'm in town. This time, though, I think I'm going to pass. It's altogether possible that I might run into him at the Kalamazoo Highland Games, and frankly, twice a year is more than I'd wish on anybody else, including my worst enemy.

Instead, I think that I'm going to head over to the house of one of the kids from High School. Apparently, the class is preparing this year for the 35th reunion.

Sigh. Where did the time go? Do you know that there was a time when I thought that I would never last this long? Yet, here I am! And I remember thinking that my mother was old back then. Now that I've passed that milestone (10 years ago, in fact), I have to say that I STILL don't think I'm old, although my body does tend to argue the point with me now and again.

Still and all, I've come this far, I suppose that I might as well hang on for the rest of the ride. I just hope that the next 35 years don't go by as fast as the last 35 years did.

Somebody order me a really slow taxi.

No comments: