Friday, June 11, 2010

Signature Needle Arts

Ah, spiky, pointy circular needles. Very sad that they only come in one length, and that extra long costs an extra $10. The Cadillac of knitting needles at $40 a pop, but not in my favorite size.

God hates me.

In the meanwhile, cast on for the blueberry sweater, AND cast on for Haruni Shawl on Ravelry. I'm starting to get very hot--which means that I've eaten too many carbs. I believe that I will lie down for a while with the air on--the weather has gotten very muggy over the last two hours, and I'm not up to knitting--at least not unless I bring my rocker into the bedroom and sit in the air conditioning.

Long day at the office today. I had a really bad call from one of our customers, and he was NOT very nice to me. I finally put him through to the supervisor. Then there was concern that what happened to the payroll last month also happened this month, and I just sat down in my chair and cried.

Yes, I cried. The stress that I've been under the last 4 weeks has just been unreal, and here I was looking at another 4 weeks of it. Well, it just wasn't going to happen without me losing it, so I did.

That got people's attention. I was on the verge--a woman on the edge. I almost gave up and went home and stayed there for 4 weeks. As it turns out, it's not as bad as we thought, but the caller was enough to set me off. In order to collect myself, I answered the problems of the next caller because it PLEASED ME to do it. I felt it was the only way that I could get my dignity back. So I did, and I don't regret it...even if I did get called on the rug for it.

It got me through the day, anyway, because I was able to answer the second caller's question to her satisfaction, and she actually THANKED me at the end of the call. She didn't have a lot nice to say about her case worker, but there you go.

I can't decide. I have 3 things that I would like to have.

An IPad
A New Laptop
A digital SLR.

And I can't decide which I want more. All three have certain applications that I would prefer--firstly, the IPad. Hold all my pics, books and music on one device, and not clutter up my pc. Secondly, the new laptop. I'd like a newer one with a 2.0 usb hookup for speed, and Windows 7, although I don't have any of the applications that I would like to work with Windows 7--for instance Photoshop or Microsoft Office. Thirdly, the digital SLR. Nicer pictures at 10 or 12 megapixel, the ability to take a faster pic for closeups in the breeze, for instance--pictures of flowers. I would also like a nice macro zoom for it. But seriously, these are quite expensive, and I'm thinking that they will come down in price eventually. The other two items aren't really a requirement. And so I'm thinking that they are not so necessary. So perhaps I will bypass them for now.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Question? You stated: "I'm starting to get very hot--which means that I've eaten too many carbs."

I'm interested in how diet/carbs can make you feel too hot?

Can you please explain or provide links w/info?

Thanks.