Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Afternoon, And the Dishes are Dirty...

Well, there's a reason why the dishes are dirty.

I have spent all afternoon (since class, actually) trying to get my printer to install.

And it FINALLY did work.

What did I finally end up doing? Well, it's a long story. Suffice to say that I swapped the usb slots for the mouse and printer, and BONSAI!

Well, at least I have a printer. It's usb, which means direct connection to my computer, and so I have no slots available for the hub, which means I cannot transfer pics from my camera or from my phone.

However, I think my guru will come by and fix that for me sometime next week, which will be a very good thing, considering all the prime knitting time I lost trying to get this bleepty-bleep printer to install. I mean, to be more accurate, the printer hasn't run right since I put in the WiFi box, which has been quite a long time, and I have spent much of that time online with the Hewlett Packard boys trying to get things installed, and nothing worked. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. She was one dead banana.

At least now, I can print documents and scan again--even if it is a direct link usb hookup. I can share the printer, but for whatever reason, hubby's machine can't find it on the network...possibly because it's not really ON the network yet. Again, my guru should be able to fix that handily.

Now, sigh...where'd I put my knitting?

Oh, btw, the designer came out this morning with the pattern to test Rhiannon. The pattern I have been waiting for, and it's finally in my hands, printed and waiting for the yarn...which I have picked out, and will head over to get some of it on Tuesday.

My friend and neighbor (well, a 4-mile neighbor) tells me that there is no knit-night this week due to a funeral in the family, so I will have tomorrow afternoon to knitting time, regardless. I could go back to work after my bi-weekly doctor appointment, but I'm a little afraid that they would all die of shock to see me back to work on a Monday afternoon when they are expecting me to be out of the office.

Well, you know I just can't have them all die in the cubicles...so I might just take off the rest of the afternoon, regardless that there's no knit-night. I could be daring---and head to Lake Odessa on Monday and get the yarn to start Rhiannon, but I will wait, because I am going on Tuesday anyway. No need to duplicate my efforts.

I'm so happy that my printer works, that I can hardly stand it. I suppose that marks me as someone who finds little things exceedingly wonderful?

I can live with that.

No comments: