Sunday, June 13, 2010

In Answer...

I posted one day that carbs make me hot.

And someone wanted to know why/how carbs made me hot.

Now, in case there's a question, I should probably say that I don't mean "hot" as in "attractive". I mean hot as if I were burning up with fever...without the chills.

I eat something really carby--say a bag of chips...and I get hot. I eat chocolate candy. I get hot. I also get over-tired and sleepy. I nap and I'm fine after. By no means is this how it works for everyone. I don't know how it works, or why it works the way it does. I'm not even so sure that it's linked, to be honest. I just know that's what happens to me.

Now today, I've had some chips. I have also had proteins and fats, and so I'm not pouring sweat into my shoes from my forehead. If I had eaten the entire bag without protein and fat, I would be in bed, sleeping it off like a homeless wino.

Okay, no tittering from Section C.

Sorry if that doesn't explain it, but there you go. I'm pretty new to this "diabetic" stuff, and the heat might be related to my AGE, or to chocolate or to something else entirely for that matter. I'm no doctor (guess you might have figured that out). I'm just trying to understand what my body is telling me, and lately it's been speaking lots of German--or something else that I don't understand...maybe it's one of the Chinese dialects? Who knows?

I'm glad to see that someone is reading my blog, though. And thanks for the comments on my knitting!

No comments: