Friday, October 1, 2010

Blogger Statistics

It's a little mind boggling, really, to think that other people read your blog. I mean, I'm not quite that intriguing. Sometimes I'm funny--sometimes I'm dramatic, sometimes I'm a real bugger!!



Today lasted the whole day as far as work was concerned. I didn't even see my first break--what with all the work I had to accomplish. I simply missed it. Which also means that I didn't knit my 12 rows on my dishcloth today--I think I'm up to row 26--which is no where near where I should be. I didn't bring it home with me, either, so it languishes at the office until Monday.

At lunch, my best friend and I went to Arby's for lunch. Seems it's the best place to go for food that gives you heartburn and talks back to you later in the day. And if you don't know what that means, I'm NOT going to explain it to you.



The afternoon sped by, and before I knew it, I was speeding along the highways headed for a pizza joint, locally owned and has the best pizza in town. When I arrived home, we ate the pizza, then discussed a variety of topics with the step-son, then into my room to blog all about it.

What in the world could anyone find so interesting in all of that? Because my TUESDAY was so much more dramatic! Sadly, I can't discuss it. Sigh. Wish I could share it. But no. There are some lines a body just don't cross.



So now, I'm home.

I did find a very very cool pattern on Ravelry that I'm really excited about. I wrote the designer to see if I can link to her picture, I want all of you to see this really cool pattern that I can't wait to work on.



Beyond that, Rhiannon lurks in the other room, singing to me.



And I considered going to church this weekend. Not sure how I can merge church with Tarot--in fact, I believe they are diametrically opposed one to the other. Quite honestly, I don't see what the hubbub is all about. I used to go to church religiously...every Wednesday and every Sunday (sometimes twice on Sunday). Not because I thought I needed to do it, but because I love to sing.

And let me tell you what.



The Baptist church likes to sing. They like to sing a lot. And all the old standards (if much of the congregation is older, like me)--I love those old hymnals. Of course, if I go, someone's going to comment on how good a singer I am, and why don't I come and sing in their choir, and then it will be all responsibility, sigh. But I was referencing the hubbub about the Tarot cards. They don't so much tell the future, although I suppose that they can be used for such--but time, while we think of it in linear terms (meaning the sun rises, the sun sets, the sun rises..you get the idea), whereas time is really and truly three or four dimensional. Always changing. Never static. Now you could say that "if you do this, that will happen", for instance...if you turn on the water, the tap will dispense water--but it might not be DRINKABLE water. It might be rusty water. It might not come on at all if there's a clog in the system somewhere. You might opt not to drink at all, but to wash your hands. See? So one thing can lead to a lot of different optional points in the course of time.

Tarot is very much dimensional. I mean that you can pull cards for a question one minute, then the next minute, things have changed somewhere along the way, and so a different card is pulled--and just because the two cards might have completely different meanings, doesn't necessarily mean that the first card was completely wrong. It may have been completely correct, based on the world's activities at that particular moment. It's called "The Butterfly Effect". Step on a Butterfly and it might change the complete outcome for the distant future.



However, there have been times, when I have asked a question, put a card or three on the table, read them and then put them back in the deck, reshuffled, respread, and get the SAME three cards in the SAME orientation.

That's when it's freaky town.



It doesn't happen often, but it does happen enough to be pretty creepy.

And Halloween is coming.



So I draw a couple cards tonight with no particular idea what I need to know for the rest of my day...

I pull




9 swords reversed
2 wands
The Moon reversed



The hardships of the last few days are coming to an end, but it will take courage and fortitude to take on the next few weeks.

So am I up to the task?

I draw the King of Pentacles--that's usually the card I reserve for my husband. Doesn't look like he's going to be very supportive during this time, as he's reversed. Maybe I'll try to lean on his shoulder a little too much and he'll get resentful? So what might be his difficulty during this time? What do I need to watch out for? I pull the Lovers reversed. He's trying to make a decision about something, and it's not going well in his own head.



Time to go talk to my husband for a minute.

No comments: