Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blogging...Blogging

I really don't have much to say today--except that work has been--well--work, and I've been so busy that I haven't had much in the way of time to do ANY knitting--beyond that, it would seem that the knitting gods are angry with me, and everything I touch seems to turn into doggie doo. I have been trialling with failed projects since the problem with Rhiannon. I don't mean to whine about it all. It just seems like things are not going well for me knitting-wise or work-wise. I suppose if I had to seriously hunt for the "silver liner" and count my blessings, I suppose it would have something to do with JoAnn's fabrics and the fact that my classes there seem to have picked up of late, and I am working there a bit more than usual. This is a good thing, because I feel that I do have something of a gift in teaching people, and you know what they say...

Those who can't do...teach!

And my students are successful, even if I'm not quite as successful of late as I would like.

Today, I have a class teaching a grannie square, and I know several of them by heart. This will be a quick class.

Another good thing--one of my friends at the office is retiring, and she has a real Austrian crystal crystal ball on a stand that was given to her. She told me she'd like $25 for it, at the time, she thought it was just a piece of glass--a friend of hers offered $175 for it, but then couldn't come through with the cash. And when I bowed out at that price, she changed her mind and sold it to me anyway for the $25 she originally offered for it.

I mean, not much call for crystal ball, right? But I've wanted one for several years, and currently have a rock ball that I use--but a crystal ball would be much better. I've been hunting in the catalogs, too, and can't find one that I like that's as large as I want. The one I would like to have is the size of the one in the Wizard of Oz, but I doubt I'll ever see one that big. Ah, Hollywood, right?

We had a party on Friday for Bosses Day. I came up with a Happy Bosses Day song, and everyone sang it. Things turned out really well, and all of us were well fed.

The song was a take off of Happy Anniversary, as sung by Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble when Fred and Wilma's anniversary came up.

"OH! Happy Anniversary. Happy Anniversary. Happy Anniversary. HAAAA Ppy anniversary!"

Second, verse, same as the first.

Except you substitute Happy, Happy Bosses Day! And you have the same song. It turned out cute, and I'm surprised that everyone else sang it with me! (I'm smiling as I write this, because now people think I'm an idiot--what they don't know is that I still have the brain of a 6-year old--and I like to have fun moments--especially when things are so stressful that I can't seem to keep my head on my shoulders--little songs like that help me keep my sanity.)

So, today, I have kitchen cleaning and demo at JoAnn's then the class, then home. I might work on laundry, but I might also be so wiped out as to just simply watch some television and head for bed. I've been having strange dreams all night, which don't come when I take a sleeping pill--the dreams however, are good for my brain, I think, and the reason I opt to not take them on the weekend. Usually I get a good night's sleep if I can allow myself to sleep in and rest. This morning, however, I woke up at 6:30am--an hour after normal wake up time. I suppose that's just going to have to do.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping that Hubby will take me to breakfast, and then we will work on the downstairs remodel (perhaps). It's going slowly down there, because Hubby wanted the deck stained before winter hit. He had a lot of help, even without me, since last time, I worked so hard that I could barely move the next day. I think he finally finished it, and it's STILL drying because our days are getting colder and stain doesn't dry well in the cooler temps. Lots of work to be done around the house, I guess. There is never a lack of something to do.

The ice has flowed off the barn in the last couple years and has brought down all of the eaves. Those will need to be replaced with something, although I'm not sure what. It's a gable barn, and when the winter thaw comes, the snowfall comes off in huge sheets, and no eave will stand up to all that, quite sudden, weight. It would be good if we could figure out a way to get the snow off the barn in smaller sections, the eaves are great at protecting the barn and taking water away, protecting the foundation--but when it comes to the spring thaw, they are horribly inadequate. Even the eaves on the house have difficulty maintaining the weight. However, the ones on the house are protected by a 30-year warranty...the ones on the barn are not. After chatting with Hubby, I guess he plans to not put the eaves back up. I think it's a mistake, but there you go.

Must start my day now. Later!

No comments: