Sunday, October 17, 2010

Socks That Rocked My World

I have found a pattern on Ravelry, that I just love and I can't wait to make them. After the disappointment with Rhiannon, I needed the big, easy Grannie. Success with that has given me new juice to go forward with it, but when I saw these socks, my resolve sort of "wandered".


I have much work to do on my car, first, however. I have organizing to do. The whole house is a mess, but when it comes to my car, a mess is REALLY visible. Lately, it's been the "carry all" for classes, and so the back seat looks like a demonstration took place there recently. Coffee cups on the floor, and then my collection of crochet hooks (which are in a small, tin box that came open on a quick stop) have spilled out and are in various places on the floor and seat. I have to collect them.

Then, I thought I might continue my attempt to save Rhiannon. Hubby is also complaining that he's not getting enough attention. I have been such a busy gal lately, that I haven't been able to knit much. And there are so many projects that I would love to complete! It's just not fair that there are so many good designers!

I'm also at a point where I would love to make a cowl to wear around my neck. I have shorter hair and my neck is exposed to colder air. A scarf is too long. I have a cowl pattern, called "Pretty Thing" designed by Yarn Harlot, that I purchased last year. The cashmere I bought for it is in my bedroom. I'm thinking that I need to get started on that. There's also a quick, easy knit strip cowl that has a twist in it (not a true mobius, but the simple one that you just twist the end and sew together) that I want to make. It may take all of a few hours.

There's also the Wonderful Wallaby--

There are just too many good patterns out there that I'm dying to make! It's like I'm on pattern overload. This is what stress does to me. If I didn't have the local yarn shop on Tuesday nights for knit night, and the Monday afternoon every other two weeks, plus THERAPY--I think I would go absolutely nuts.

Oh, and what do you think of those socks up there?

No comments: