Monday, October 4, 2010

The Weekend-Rhiannon Progress

No pic today, since I didn't finish the central motif like I had hoped. I don't know how I did it, but I dropped a stitch--probably when I woke up from the nap and couldn't quite see straight. Lucky for me it didn't drop down very far--



Only 9 rows.

And the cable is one of those traveling types that crosses 14 stitches, so I had to unravel over 100 sts to get to this dropped stitch, pick it up and re-knit the cable.

I got it done, then went to the kitchen for chocolate. I knit quite a few rows, but since I didn't finish the central panel, you don't get a picture. I just wanted to let you know why and tell you of my harrowing experience. I now consider myself a cable master, and let me tell you--if you get to the point where you have to unravel 100 stitches to fix a cable and you're successful in doing in, you can be a cable master, too.

Guess I'll have to design a trophy or something for this.

Or maybe just a button.

Well, you all have a good day. I'm going to fix myself some cereal.

No comments: